We have all had those "sleepless nights" where we wake up in the morning feeling worse that we did the night before. Here are five solutions to help during the night.
1. You Can't Fall Asleep - Don't stay in bed. You will actually feel more restless. Get up but limit your alcohol intake, exercising or watching TV right before bed. Return to bed when you feel drowsy.
2. You Wake Up in the Middle of the Night - Resist the temptation to turn on the light. That will give your body the feel that it's morning. Don't get up and go to the bathroom simply because you are awake. Start counting to fall back asleep. If you wake up within an hour of when you get up, get out of bed. If you stay in bed another 30-40 minutes, you could push yourself back into a deep sleep.
3. You're Taking Medications - Don't be afraid to discuss with your doctor, over 1000 medications can make you feel wired. Try taking medication in the morning or a lower dose before bed time.
4. You have Sunday night insomnia - (I know I do!) - A lot of it is from Anxiety, but staying up too late on Friday and Saturday can also add to the insomnia. Try to stay within 45 minutes of your bedtime.
5. You're Truly a Night Owl - Don't fight it! Not working the late shift? Try to wake up and fall asleep at the same time every day. Your body will get used to the routine.
All information taken from RIS Media - http://rismedia.com/2009-05-26/5-solutions-for-sleepless-situations/